Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Road Trip to Lyon

During the 10 day nationwide holiday (known as the "Toussaint" or "All Saints Holiday"), I had the immense pleasure of making a road trip to Lyon, another city in France, about 4 hours drive northwest of Nice. There were a few reasons that I decided to go, including:

a) While Lyon is the second largest city in France (Paris, of course, is the largest), I had never been

b) My friend Julianna is living there now (she's doing the same program that I'm doing in Nice) and I haven't seen her since we left Canada in September

c) It's too close to Nice NOT to go

d) Lyon is THE restaurantation capital of France, reknowned for it's amazing cuisine- and yall know how much I lovvvve to eat...

e) I was on vacation, babbbbby!! So why the heck not go!

So for all the the above mentioned reasons, I decided that it was absolutely necessary to go and check the city out. So me, Sab (my favvourite frenchie ;-) ), Alex, and Marcinmoka headed north in Sab's little white Fiat. Lyon is a city of many treasures and it was great seeing Julianna! (and yes, the food was spectacular!) Here are a couple of pics, the first is of me and Julianna, the last two of me and Sab.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home