Thursday, September 08, 2005

I'm leaving on a jet plane...


So after much procrastination, I've finally decided to jump onto the blogging bandwagon so as to keep family and friends abreast of the "goings on" en France, where I'll be an English teaching assistant in a French high school. Thanks to my mom and a couple of good friends (big shout out to J-Dawg and Juney!!), I'm packed and ready to go. Somehow I managed to pack most of my life into 2 medium-sized suitcases, but only after much huffing, puffing, and sitting on top of said suitcases (in an effort to flatten all that was inside, of course! lol). I board the plane in a few short hours... admittedly, this trip will be brutal as I am just realizing that I'll be traveling a for a loooooong time before I get to my final destination... I fly out from Toronto at 2:00pm today (Thursday) and don't get to Nice until Friday afternoon. My itinerary is daunting: I fly from Toronto to New York City, change planes, fly from NYC to Paris, then take a train from Paris to Marseille, then get off that train and then take another one from Marseille to Nice, my new home. Eek! Anyway, gotta go, I'm going to do a last minute luggage check. Next time I post I'll be in France! Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Oneika said...

LOL at the "lick shots" comment June!!! I miss you guys!! actually I took the suitcases that you saw me with, 1 big and 1 medium sized... joke was that they both weighed nearly same when they put them on the scale at the airport!!

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home