Thursday, September 15, 2005

From "Sans Domicile Fixe" to "Locataire"!!

So in the last episode of "Oneika does France", our heroine found herself in a bit of a conundrum... staying at a (very spartan) hotel (hostel) whilst living out of a (battered)suitcase, subsisting on (60 cent) croissants and (no name brand) water... pounding the (hard and unforgiving) pavement, looking (day after day) for (decent and reasonably priced) lodging... her (limited and modest) cash flow dwindling by the minute...

Enough of the melodrama lol. But what's a girl to do?? Luckily, my dear friends, in the space of a day I have managed to go from homeless (sans domicile fixe) to a full-fledged renter (locataire)! My roommate C got to Nice on Wednesday and by Thursday afternoon we were signing the papers on the (more than decent, semi-reasonably priced) apartment! It's small though, and only has one bedroom, so we're turning the living room into a bedroom... However, what the apartment lacks in size, it makes up for in location and character! It's downtown, only a 10 minute walk from the Mediterranean sea, is newly and completely renovated, has an oh-so-french terrace/balcony, and is equipped with free satellite tv... booyah!! So as you can imagine, I'm pleased as punch and feel soooo adult, you know, since I have my own apartment and all lol.
So excuse me while I go home and gloat (to myself, in the dark).
;-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Gem said...

congratulations! you have to let me visit sometime ;)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Oneika said...

Fraise: thanks! I'm soooo glad to have a place now, you, me, and Gem must get together for a drink sometime!!

Liv: Of course I remember you, you must keep me updated on your adventures in France and please let me know if you ever want to come visit!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Virginia said...

Hi. It's Virginia from the boards. I stumbled upon your blog today. Your apartment sounds awesome! Can I come visit? :-D We can trade and you can visit me, although Laval definitely doesn't compare to Nice. Have fun on the beach!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Oneika said...

@ virginia, t'es certainement la bienvenue si tu penses venir à nice! il ne faut que me dire... don't know about laval though, i spent a school year in the region and rainy winters are killer! lol à plus!

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

patel abbasi barat naomii penn chronology simulations premise solutions materially lobotomy
masimundus semikonecolori

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home