Thursday, January 05, 2006

I'm back!!!




So I figured that the beginning of 2006 was as good of a time as any to finally update this blog... Whew, it's been a long time since I've updated, unfortunately laziness ( and other sedentary type behaviour) has reared its ugly head (hence the dire lack of posts).... Where do I start??
No better place than where I left off I guess- the trip to Germany was pretty frickin' awesome... Me and Joy had a wonderful time, despite the sub-zero temperatures (it was below zero on most days... quite a switch from the mild weather in Nice), and language barriers (there's nothing worst than not speaking the language of a country you're visiting)! Berlin is a huge, bustling metropolis which is finally succeeding in overcoming its sordid past. We had the opportunity to discover the city's treasures and historical sites through the aid of our Australian tour guide, who took us and about 20 others on a (free!) 4-hour walking tour of Berlin. A visit to the remaining fragments of the Berlin wall was definitely a must, and we were not disappointed... Quite an unforgettable experience, when you recall just what that wall symbolized... Also not to be forgotten, the German nightlife... let's just say that these people know who to party, Berlin proved to be the best time I've have partying since I've gotten to Europe!
Since a picture's worth a thousand words... 1st pic: me partying it up at a nightclub in Berlin.. Why am I in a cage? Don't ask!! lol 2nd pic: me and Joy in aforementioned nightclub 3rd pic: me in front of one of the remaining parts of the Berlin wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home