Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My 20 hour trip to Milan, Italy





















So 2 Saturday nights ago, at around 7:30, after a hearty dinner of no-name brand hot-dogs and frozen broccoli, I get a call on my cell phone. It turns out to be Joy, my friend and fellow English assistant. After getting the usual "How are you"'s and other niceties/small talk out of the way she asked me what my plans were for the evening. And that's when the unexpected proposition came: a road trip to Milan for a night/day, with departure of 9pm and a prospective return to Nice the next evening, Sunday. Never wanting to miss out on an adventure, I said yes and hurriedly packed and evening back with all the essentials: lipstick, mascara, eyeliner, and a semi-provocative "clubbing" top. After quickly running some necessary errands, I met Joy, her cousin (who was visiting from the US and was in fact the mastermind of the Milan trip), and Hector (our friend the spanish assistant) and we set out for an adventure abroad, moving onward toward the land of pizza, pasta and all kinds of tasty and fattening goodies. After a few directional mishaps (I was in charge of the map-reading after all *wink wink*) we made it to our final destination around 2 am (5 hours of travel when Milan is only about 3.5 hours away). Ever the adventurers (and party animals), me, Joy and Hector ventured out to a Milanese nightclub. The following day we took a good number of the sites that Milan had to offer, including the Duomo cathedral, the renowned La Scala theatre, and the original painting of the Last Supper (you know, the DaVinci masterpiece depicting Jesus, Judas and the other apostles at the moment that Jesus declares that he's been betrayed). All in all, good times!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah Marie said...

What was it really like in Milan, in terms of the atmosphere and people. I may be going there for a short time this summer, and would like to here yours or anyone's input?
P.S I love your blog, lol it inspires me as well!! :)

11:49 PM  
Blogger Pia smith said...

Brilliant post! Exploring Mila in 20 hours is not an ordinary feature. Although I applied for an Italy Visa UK, I am planning to explore Milan and other popular cities of Italy for at least a week or two. But I might take some tips from your blog to make my entire trip fun-filled and exciting. Keep sharing your short trips to other Italian cities as they can help me to explore more destinations of Italy in a short time.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home